You’re one of our team of foster parents, but you’re also an individual with your own qualities, character and needs. We take time to understand you and we’re there for the big things, as well as the small.
We believe in relationships and in helping you grow as a person and as a foster parent. Our whole approach is geared around this idea of individuality, so if there’s something special you need, we’ll work hard with our colleagues to give it to you.
The support for foster carers that we offer includes:
- Your own dedicated social worker who’ll visit you at least once a month, more if needed. This is an important relationship and one that will develop over time. They’re there to listen and advise and make sure you’re getting the right support.
- Access to a large multi-disciplinary team of foster care specialists which includes social workers, family support workers, psychologists, therapists and educational advisers. We’re all one big team, connected and bonding together with one aim – to help children live the lives they deserve.
- From induction to ongoing specialist training courses, we’re here with a comprehensive programme of training support, helping you become the best foster parent you can be.
- 24/7 helpline so you can get urgent support, at any time of the day.
- Regular events to connect you with other foster parents from our fostering network, helping you form valuable support groups and networks in your local area.
All of these relationships help you grow the relationship that really matters: between you and the children and young people you look after.
October 10 2023
Kathy's Fostering Story
Retired teacher, Kathy, shares her fostering journey so far and how she feels privileged to be able to continue to make a difference in the lives of young people.
October 2 2023
Annette's Fostering Story
Over a 15-year fostering career, Annette has supported more than 20 children and became a 'Special Guardian' for three of them.
May 22 2023
Kem and Eric's Story
Kem and Eric have been fostering for over 13 years. In our latest campaign, we hear from the couple and some of the young people whose lives have been touched by this extraordinary family.
March 28 2023
Debbie's Fostering Story
Meet the foster mum who has provided a home for life for the young people in her care...
September 27 2022
Sarah's Fostering Journey
Sarah shares how empty nest syndrome was the motivation she needed to become a foster parent and the incredible journey she's been on ever since.
Generous fostering allowances
While you may want to foster because it makes a difference, it’s also an important career which deserves reward and recognition to reflect the challenges, the commitment and the costs of supporting children.
When you join Orange Grove, you’ll receive a competitive fostering allowance while a child is in your care, plus other benefits, such as allowances for birthdays and religious festivals, as well as two weeks' paid respite.
You'll also have access to our rewards platform where you can find hundreds of discounts to some of your favourite shops, restaurants and family experiences.
Ready to start your fostering journey?
One of our team is available to talk to you over the phone to answer any of your fostering queries.
You can get in touch by filling out our online enquiry form with any queries that you may have.
Your local office
We have local teams covering most of England. Find your local office today.