You’re one of our team of foster parents, but you’re also an individual with your own qualities, character and needs. We take time to understand you and we’re there for the big things, as well as the small.
We believe in relationships and in helping you grow as a person and as a foster parent. Our whole approach is geared around this idea of individuality, so if there’s something special you need, we’ll work hard with our colleagues to give it to you.
The support for foster carers that we offer includes:
- Your own dedicated social worker who’ll visit you at least once a month, more if needed. This is an important relationship and one that will develop over time. They’re there to listen and advise and make sure you’re getting the right support.
- Access to a large multi-disciplinary team of foster care specialists which includes social workers, family support workers, psychologists, therapists and educational advisers. We’re all one big team, connected and bonding together with one aim – to help children live the lives they deserve.
- From induction to ongoing specialist training courses, we’re here with a comprehensive programme of training support, helping you become the best foster parent you can be.
- 24/7 helpline so you can get urgent support, at any time of the day.
- Regular events to connect you with other foster parents from our fostering network, helping you form valuable support groups and networks in your local area.
All of these relationships help you grow the relationship that really matters: between you and the children and young people you look after.
June 3 2020
Welcoming our first foster child into our home
Michelle and Andy have had their own child fly the nest already, and now at the age of 48 and 51, the couple shares their journey of welcoming their new foster children into their home.
March 4 2020
“I have everything I need with Jackie”
Olivia* was just 10 years old when she came to live with her foster parent, Jackie. Today, Olivia reflects on her emotional journey living in foster care.
December 6 2019
“It’s important to think about fostering when you’re younger”
Alarna and Jermayne, 26-year-olds want to encourage other young people to start their fostering journey sooner rather than later.
November 18 2019
“Fostering has had such a positive impact on my life”
Lynette has cared for 34 children in 7 and a half years. Today, she shares her experience as a foster parent.
November 8 2019
“Never give up, you can make a difference”
Lindsey and Scott had always dreamed of becoming foster parents. However, it wasn't until the sad passing of Lindsey's mother that the couple decided to take their first step.
Generous fostering allowances
While you may want to foster because it makes a difference, it’s also an important career which deserves reward and recognition to reflect the challenges, the commitment and the costs of supporting children.
When you join Orange Grove, you’ll receive a competitive fostering allowance while a child is in your care, plus other benefits, such as allowances for birthdays and religious festivals, as well as two weeks' paid respite.
You'll also have access to our rewards platform where you can find hundreds of discounts to some of your favourite shops, restaurants and family experiences.
Ready to start your fostering journey?
One of our team is available to talk to you over the phone to answer any of your fostering queries.
You can get in touch by filling out our online enquiry form with any queries that you may have.
Your local office
We have local teams covering most of England. Find your local office today.