Welcome to our allowance calculator
We understand that finance is an important factor when deciding to foster - particularly because you may need to reduce your current working hours - or stop working completely - depending on your personal circumstances. The fostering allowance covers the cost of a child while providing you with a professional fee for your hard work, skills and dedication.
Find out how much you could receive by using our foster care allowance calculator below.
Based on your selections of being foster parent with / planning on caring for between the ages of .
You could receive around per year
Please note this is for guidance purposes only.
What does the fostering allowance cover?
The foster care allowance is split into two parts:
- Child allowance – to cover the cost of the child, including food, clothing, activities and more.
- Foster parent fee – a reward payment for their hard work, experience and commitment to the child in their care.
We also provide additional benefits to encourage your wellbeing, as well as creating memorable and enriching life experiences for the young people in care, including:
- 2 weeks of paid respite per year
- £100 annual birthday allowance for the child in your care
- £100 annual festival allowance for the child in your care