Recipe of the month
Amy’s Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 apple
- 100ml orange juice
- 4 dried apricots
- 2 clementines or satsumas
- 100g grapes (black or red)
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi fruit
(You can always change any of the these fruits to your favourite!)
Grater, chopping board, serving bowl, measuring jug, scissors, knife, teaspoon, large metal spoon.
(Remember to be extra careful when using the scissors, knife and grater or ask an adult to help!)
- Grate the apple (but throw away the core). Then put the grated apple into your serving bowl.
- Measure out the orange juice and pour it into the bowl with the apple.
- Cut each of your dried apricots into four pieces and add to the bowl.
- Peel the clemintines or satsumas and put the segments into the bowl.
- Wash your grapes and put them in the bowl (without the stalk!)
- Peel the banana and slice carefully. Add these to the bowl.
- Cut the kiwi fruit in half and scoop out the middle. Then cut into smaller bits and put into the bowl.
- Mix all the fruit together and you’re done!