Recipe of the month
Emily’s chocolate muffins
- 225g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 135g caster sugar
- 125g chocolate chips
- 160ml milk
- 115g melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with cases and grease them.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together apart from the sugar and chocolate chips. Place chocolate chips in a different bowl and add some flour and mix it together with the chips so that the chocolate chips wont stick to the bottom when you bake the muffins.
- In a large bowl mix all the remaining ingredients and then add the dry ingredients. After add the chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into the cases and make sure to divide the mixture evenly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Put a skewer into one of the muffins and if it comes out clean you can take the muffins out to cool.